How to Create an E-learning Site: A Step-By-Step Guide
This has resulted in an increase in the credibility of online courses, as recruiters began taking online certificates more seriously. Thus it is a great way of giving back to the community by sharing your skills. You could also make some money off of it, which is always a plus. So, how do you create an e-learning website? Well, let’s find out.
1. Creating an Online Presence
Before you start working on your platform, you need a name. Moreover, the name also has to have a domain available for it. Here are a few hints on how to come up with great-sounding domain for your platform:
- Start by brainstorming with ideas for names, something that would reflect both your niche and your likings
- Check availability of a domain
- Prefer .com TLD above all other options
- Try to keep it short to make sure others can memorize it easily
- Avoid using symbols and numbers, make the name sound more universal
Once you have an available domain, you’re going to need a hosting platform to host your site. For a starting website, we recommend our Premium Shared Hosting plan for small to medium-sized websites.
2. Gathering the Pieces for Your E-Learning Puzzle
While using WordPress, we get the added advantage of having a huge library of plugins available that can practically do anything you need, from building your website to managing your video library. Furthermore, WordPress promises to be user-friendly, requiring little to no tech know-how.
3. Creating Your Online Courses
Now that we’ve pretty much set up everything we need to create our online courses, let’s get to actually making content. Tutor LMS Pro provides two different ways of creating courses. Each has its own features and each will appeal to two types of instructors.
4. Creating Quizzes
Creating quizzes is the same for both the front-end and back-end course builders. Tutor LMS gives you a total of 10 types of questions to ask the students, each with their own type of advantages and customization options.